Terms & Conditions
How your personal information is used by Prentice Alloy Clinic
How we use your personal information.
Prentice Alloy Clinic is an alloy repair centre located in Northern Ireland. This privacy notice is to let you know how we promise to look after your information. This will include what data we have by having you as a customer and the chosen choices you give us regarding what marketing you want us to send you.
Reasons for which we may collect your data;
- To run our business in an efficient and proper way.
- To fulfil our contracts
- To remain efficient about how we fulfil our contractual and legal duties.
- To provide you with the knowledge of information/guidance that you need regarding our services
- To create and carry out marketing activities
Prentice Alloy Clinic Privacy Promise
- To hold and keep your data safe and private
- Not to share your data without your consent
- To allow you options on how to manage and review your marketing choices (at any time).
How the law protects you
As well as our privacy promise here at Prentice Alloy Clinic, your privacy is also protected by law.
The Data Protection law however states that we are allowed to use personal information if we have a proper reason to do so.
Where we collect personal information from
Here at Prentice Alloy Clinic we may collect personal data from the following sources:
- Data when you apply for our products or services
- Via telephone when you talk to us on the phone or call us
- In emails or letters
- In customer surveys
- Purchases and orders made by you
- Your correspondence and communications with Prentice Alloy Clinic
- Phone call recording facilities are provided to Prentice Alloy Clinic
Who we share your personal information with
- Third party companies associated with Prentice Alloy Clinic
- Market Researchers
- Companies that you ask us to share your data with
Information we use
Below is some of the personal information that we may use here;
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your residential address
- Contact details e.g. email address or phone number
If you choose not to give personal information
Here at Prentice Alloy Clinic we may need to collect personal information in order to comply with legal obligations, or under the terms of contract that we may have.
If the circumstance arises that you choose not to give us the personal information needed, it could delay or even prevent us at Prentice Alloy Clinic from meeting our obligations. It could mean that we may have to cancel a service you have with us.
We may use your personal data to tell you about relevant services and offers we feel may be of interest to you.
We analyse the information you give to us and decide what services and offers may be of interest to you. From this we can then tell what would probably be most relevant to market to you. It can be either us or third parties we work with that may contact you regarding marketing messages.
We are only allowed to send you marketing messages if we have your consent. You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing messages at any time by contacting us.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information for the time you are a customer of Prentice Alloy Clinic.
When you stop being a customer of Prentice Alloy Clinic we may keep your data for up to 10 years.
How to get a copy of your personal information
You are able to access your personal information that we hold by writing to us at the address below:
Seagoe Industrial Area
You can also contact us by telephone on 028 3833 3000.
Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Letting us know if your information is incorrect/incomplete
You have the right at any time to contact us if you think any of your information we have is wrong or incomplete. If this situation arises please contact us so we can amend your information to keep it accurate.
The right to be forgotten
If there is no need for us to keep your data you then have the right to object to us holding your personal information. You can then ask us to delete your personal information. This is known as the ‘right to be forgotten’.
However it may be the circumstance that due to legal or other official reasons we may need to keep the use of your data.
Control over your data
You can at any time withdraw your consent to us holding your personal data.
However, if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide certain products, services or offers to yourself.
Sharing of data
From the 25th of May 2018 the data privacy laws changed and you now have the legal right to get your personal data from us in a format that can be re-used. You can then request that we pass your personal information onto another organisation.
Prentice Alloy Clinic reserve the right to update this policy at any time. This policy was last updated July 2018.
Prentice Alloy Clinic Customer Information Policy
Here at Prentice Alloy Clinic we take very seriously our responsibility to safeguard the confidentiality of our clients’ information that we obtain. We are therefore pleased to publish our policy on handling client information.
What you share with us is often private and confidential, and we are committed to its protection. We will keep your data for the length of time you are a customer of Prentice Alloy Clinic. Below are the following reasons for why we may collect your data;
- For legitimate interests of the business
- To fulfil contracts
- Updates on the service you have requested
- Warranty information
- For Marketing purposes
When you stop being a customer of ours we will keep your information for an additional 10 years. You can at any time opt out of us obtaining your information, however this is only if there is no legitimate reason for us to keep it.
Your personal information may be shared with our third parties when it is required to assist us in processing a customer’s purchase. Information will be shared if required by regulation or law. You can also update your personal data at any time. You also have the right to ask us to transfer your data to another company at any time.
Your relationship is very important to us and we thank you for your custom here at Prentice Alloy Clinic.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Subject to these terms and conditions you agree to pay for the service(s) set out in the documentation between you and Prentice Alloy Clinic.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the ‘Booking In’ form and any other documentation between us is accurate.
- All vehicles must be supplied with the O.E.M. tool kit and locking wheel nut keys for removing and fitting wheels, where applicable.
- All vehicles must be fully covered by your personal insurance whilst left with Prentice Alloy Clinic.
- Prentice Alloy Clinic shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage to goods or articles left in vehicles, or damage or mechanical fault of any vehicle (other than obvious damage which was not recorded when the vehicle was checked in) such as flat battery, clutch slipping, etc., caused to your vehicle whilst in the care of Prentice Alloy Clinic except for damage caused by our negligence. Prentice Alloy Clinic will not accept liability for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your vehicle and in particular Prentice Alloy Clinic will not accept liability for any technical or structural damage to the wheels where such damage occurs due to pre-existing faults and/or wear and tear unless Prentice Alloy Clinic has been negligent in not realising that such damage may occur or in the way the work was carried out.
- For customer and company data protection you must ensure that all recording equipment (inc dash cameras) must be switched off whilst your vehicle is on Prentice Alloy Clinic premises.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Prentice Alloy Clinic for death or personal injury caused by negligence. However, Prentice Alloy Clinic shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by you, howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the price paid for the service(s).
- Prentice Alloy Clinic does not accept responsibility for the safe transport of wheels delivered and/or collected by courier; you should ensure that any courier you use is adequately insured.
- It is your sole responsibility to check the condition of your tyres to ensure that they conform to all safety and legal requirements. We can supply and fit replacement tyres upon request.
- Where wheels are delivered to be fitted on the vehicle, we will endeavour to ensure that all wheels are securely refitted following refurbishment, however you are advised to check the wheel nuts immediately upon collecting your vehicle and at regular intervals thereafter to ensure that the wheels are secure at all times.
- We recommend that new valves are fitted to all wheels that require a strip and refit of tyres. Rubber valves are supplied free of charge. Chrome valves are available at a small additional charge. We accept no responsibility for leaks etc. where the original valves have been re-fitted at your request.
- Prentice Alloy Clinic does not accept responsibility for damage to the valves or sensors within a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) where the valve cap has become damaged, corroded or fused to the valve. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Prentice Alloy Clinic if a TPMS is in place. If we are unable to remove the system without damage and the TPMS components may be damaged and require replacement or repair the customer may incur additional charges. No work will be conducted without prior consent of the customer.
- We will endeavour to refurbish all wheels to the best of our ability but cannot be responsible for poor castings or excessive corrosion. These problems are sometimes only apparent when the old finish has been removed. Other problems found can include:
- the wheels/locking nuts/studs having been incorrectly maintained or modified;
- any previous service or repairs which have not been properly carried out;
- any parts which have been wrongly fitted or the structure of the wheel /component.
- Split rims are undertaken entirely at your discretion and responsibility as to the suitability of the refurbishment process (all dismantling and reassembly of split rims is your responsibility). Please note that recommendations regarding suitability for refurbishment, dismantling and reassembly of split rims vary between manufacturers. It is your sole responsibility to check suitability with the manufacturer. Please note split rims are not covered by Prentice Alloy Clinic Guarantee.
- Please be aware that certain high gloss finishes, such as ‘High Power Silver’ or ‘Gloss Black’ show blemishes more readily (depending on the condition of the wheels). We cannot guarantee a ‘perfect’ finish, but we do guarantee to improve the look of your wheels.
- Wheels which are classed as in very poor condition upon delivery (marked ‘D’ on the ‘Booking In’ form) will incur an additional charge of £5 plus VAT per wheel. This is to cover the cost of chemical stripper and the additional labour required to refurbish such wheels. We will endeavour to contact you for agreement before continuing to carry out the work should this be the case.
- We reserve the right to charge extra in the event of unforeseen problems, and in such circumstances we will endeavour to contact you for agreement before continuing to carry out the work.
- Whilst we will endeavour to provide a same day turnaround on standard powder coated wheels whenever possible (if requested), we can only assure this if:
- the wheels are delivered to our premises no later than 8:30 a.m.;
- the wheels do not have any hidden defects which may delay the process (which may not be apparent until the wheels have been stripped);
- the wheels are 17inches in diameter or less;
- you require a ‘standard’ finish (TWS silver, black, white, charcoal, gold)
- Wheels must be collected before 5:30 p.m. unless an alternative time has been previously agreed between us.
- An estimated time and date for completion of the work shall be provided by Prentice Alloy Clinic when the job is booked in but Prentice Alloy Clinic will not have any liability for a failure beyond its reasonable control to complete the work by the estimated time and date of completion.
- Unless other arrangements have been agreed beforehand, payment is due on completion of the repair of the wheel(s) and shall be by cheque, cash, credit or debit card (subject to any card processing fees which may be in force at the time of payment).
- Vehicles/wheels will not be released until payment is made in full.
- There will be a fee of £20.00 plus VAT per night for vehicles left in our charge at our premises overnight.
- Loose wheels that are not collected within one week will result in a fee of £10.00 plus VAT per day from day 8 (day 1 being the day on which the wheels were refurbished). Wheels not collected after three months, if unpaid, will be sold to recoup the costs incurred.
- You will be responsible for the vehicle once you have collected it from Prentice Alloy Clinic premises.
- Any complaints should be sent in writing (includes email) within 48 hours after you have collected your vehicle, to the Customer Services Department at the outlet where the work was carried out.
- a) Prentice Alloy Clinic offer a 3 month guarantee on all powder coat wheel finishes (including wet paint and powder coat combinations) provided that no chemicals other than those provided/supplied by Prentice Alloy Clinic have been used on the wheel(s) and that they have been subjected to normal road conditions only, i.e. no off road driving or damage caused by an accident. Prentice Alloy Clinic shall judge whether to repair/replace/refund in such circumstances and their decision shall be final. It does not apply to Diamond Cut, Split Rims or Polished wheels. This Prentice Alloy Clinic guarantee does not affect your statutory rights
b) Prentice Alloy Clinic offer a 3 month guarantee on the finish of the Diamond Cut wheel(s) worked on by Prentice Alloy Clinic provided that no chemicals other than those provided by Prentice Alloy Clinic have been used on the wheel(s) and that they have been subjected to normal road conditions only, i.e. no off road driving or damage to the wheel. Prentice Alloy Clinic shall judge whether to repair/replace/refund in such circumstances and their decision shall be final.
- Claims under Prentice Alloy Clinic guarantee are settled by free rectification or (at Prentice Alloy Clinic’s discretion) a refund equal to the portion of the invoice price representing the unsatisfactory repair. Any refund or liability shall be limited to a maximum of the amount quoted upon the estimate or invoice. Prentice Alloy Clinic will not be liable for any consequential loss incurred as a result of a repair. It is incumbent on you to keep a receipt as proof of work carried out. Any warranty claim made without a receipt shall be at Prentice Alloy Clinic discretion. The guarantee and any subsequent claims against the guarantee are only valid at the branch which originally carried out the refurbishment process. This Prentice Alloy Clinic guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- These terms of supply of services will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the agreement.
- Prentice Alloy Clinic shall not be liable for any failure to perform any of its obligations to you where the failure is due to circumstances beyond the Prentice Alloy Clinic’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, Act of God, war, civil disturbance, flood, lightning or fire, industrial action or lockouts, the act or omission of Government or any agent thereof, the act or omission of any person for whom Prentice Alloy Clinic is not responsible.
- Prentice Alloy Clinic reserves the right to revise and amend these terms from time to time. You will be subject to the terms in force at the time of the booking.